Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Camera 4 Line Art+





For maybe a year I have had an intriguing app on my phone, but I've rarely played with it. My friend Colleen, who knows everything about this kind of thing, introduced me to it.

Camera 4 Line Art+ allows you to take a photo with your phone, and convert it to a line drawing. There are some controls that help you adjust the amount of black vs. white, or to reverse the image to a negative.

I decided that today was a good day to try it out, as we have had our first real snowfall.










The first image is based on a photo I took with my iPhone of the tracks in the snow on my driveway.

The second image is the negative of the first.

For artists who are inspired by photos, and wish to reduce them to lines and shapes, the potential is intriguing.


To find out more, go to the iTunes app store.

No comments: