Sunday, February 16, 2014

Camden Town




This past summer we visited the Amy Winehouse Museum in Camden, just north of downtown London. From one of the back windows I took a photo of the buildings behind the museum. I found the staggered windows, balconies, skylights and drainage pipes formed an interesting pattern.

Oddly, this is the fifth Cityscape I have made using photos taken from museum windows.

Here is my interpretation of the scene, using hand-dyes in hot colours.









The original photo, shown at right, was shot through a smudgy window.

I might re-visit this image and, next time, choose a different palette, trying to focus more on the syncopated rhythm of the windows.

1 comment:

Maggi said...

Love the syncopated rhythms and the hot colours which show Camden in a very different light.