Sunday, June 3, 2018

Saying yes to something new

Green Bowl, Deborah Boschert

Deborah Boschert is a quilt artist whose work I admire. She is also the producer of a series of web conversations on the topic of Visual Design, as part of SAQA Seminar 2018.

She has asked me to engage in a 20-minute video chat about the Principles of Design, and of course I said yes to her proposal, though not without some trepidation.


An Unlikely Confluence of Events,
one of a series of 13, hand-dyed linen, 24 x 24, 2017

But saying yes to new experiences is part of what keeps us growing as artists, isn't it?

one of a small series In Blue and Orange,
cloth and paint, 24 x 24, 2017

Ironically, much of the conversation will probably refer to my Cityscapes. Even though I haven't made one for a couple of years now, and have been dabbling with other series and other media, it seems they are still well-received, and still opening doors to new opportunities.


Dix / Ten,
one in a series of 30, acrylic collage,  20 x 20, 2016

I will be sure to post here about the experience later this summer.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Looking forward to hearing that interview, Heather! I admire the work both you and Deborah create.

Deborah Boschert said...

I am so thrilled that you're willing to share your work, process, ideas and inspiration with SAQA members! It's going to be great. Thank you!

Loretta said...

Oh my, a treat coming from Deborah and SAQA in the fall. Please be sure to publicize it well so we don't miss it! Thanks so much.

Linda B. said...

Excellent - two of my favourite artists coming together.