Sunday, December 23, 2018

Christmas postcards 2018

May your days be merry and bright

Once again this year, I have sent out a couple dozen machine-stitched Christmas cards of my own design.

I painted silver ink onto hand-dyed cotton, using a commercial stencil that I masked with a triangular shape. Machine-stitching with silver metallic thread followed. A red paint marker was used to decorate the tree. The three layers of hand-dye, batting and muslin were backed with watercolour paper and the edge was finished with a narrow zigzag of silver rayon thread. 

I get a kick out of sending these through the mail wearing only a stamp, no envelope or protective sleeve. 

And, if you're still reading, I hope that your holiday is filled with days both merry and bright!

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Lovely card! I admit I've not been brave enough to send so many quilted post cards out sans envelope or any sort of protection! But...being inspired...perhaps for some future holiday or event. Wishing you a belated Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!