Wednesday, February 6, 2019

My Cityscapes @ the MVTM

Here are some photos from the opening of "Stitched: a Homecoming", the two-person textile art show currently staged at the Mississippi Valley Textile Museum in Almonte, Ontario. I was excited to have my cityscapes included in this show along with the intricate, detailed work of British artist Anne Kelly, who grew up in Ontario and Quebec.

Much of my work was very effectively grouped by colour. 

The distressed stone walls of the old mill complemented
 the clean shapes of the cityscapes.

I was pleased with the way the work was hung.



Even though these smaller pieces were not originally part of the plan,
I was glad to have them included in the show.

Anne Kelly's work, on the left, and mine on the right,
contrasted nicely within similar colour ranges.

Here's another piece by Anne Kelly, "China Garden".
Her work often includes repurposed, vintage textiles.

Given the wintry weather forecast, I was pleased to see so many
visitors to the show.

Thank you to all those who came out for the official opening. Your support means a lot to me!

The show continues until March 23, 2019. Visitors might consider spending a few hours in picturesque Almonte, with its thriving commercial area, filled with independent shops and wonderful restaurants. And the MVTM itself has a well-organized display of artefacts that illustrate the history of the textile industry in eastern Ontario.

Museum hours are Tuesday - Friday, 10 am - 4 pm, and Saturday noon - 4 pm.

2 comments:

Jinnie said...

Your exhibition looks great Heather. I wish I could see it. I hope you get lots of visitors

Margaret said...

Congratulations! It's beautifully presented, the juxtaposition of your style and Anne's. Wish I could see it in person!