Sunday, May 10, 2020

"Back to Basics" at BAdA




One of my favourite Montreal galleries is Galérie Beaux-Arts des Amériques, on St.-Denis.

Their current show, all works on paper, is a virtual show, which you can experience through the YouTube video above.  In less than 5 minutes one can tour all the highlights, accompanied by Gershwin's beautiful Summertime melody.

I am a big fan of Lorraine Pritchard's work, so watch for her piece, Listen to the Garden, acrylic on paper.  (I did a brief profile of Pritchard's work in an October post, here.)

And one of the largest works, Karen Thomson's Le Grand Nord, is also worth a close look. It is done with oil, beeswax, graphite and charcoal on paper. I was fortunate to see it on a recent visit to the gallery, with my Text'art friends, all of whom were quite transported by it.

Coming up on the gallery website is their entry into the annual show Papier 2020, which will be staged on-line this year, June 1 - 21.

No comments: