Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Eighth in New Series: Out of the Blue

tentatively titled: Out of the Blue

Yet another finished piece in my new series! Measuring 24 x 24, made of pieced hand-dyed linen, and featuring hand-stitching. I took my inspiration from shapes I developed in my Touchstone series of acrylic collages.

I'm making good headway towards my objective of having a series of twelve large pieces made for an upcoming solo show.

Below is a detail of the hand-stitching with variegated yarn, used to create the small shape near the lower edge. I like the way the rough, irregular embroidery contrasts with the smooth, clean piecing of the larger shapes.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh wow! I think with every new post in this series, I have a new favourite -- and that stitching in the blue is entirely captivating.

Heather Dubreuil said...

Thanks so much for your supportive comments, Margaret. My deadline is looming, and it will take a good push to be productive through this holiday season!