Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Berkhamsted #1



Inspired by a photo taken in Berkhamsted, I have made a small Cityscape.

Berkhamsted is the pretty little English town where my cousin Lin lives. Her garden gate leads to the towpath along the canal, where you can watch the swans, and the narrow boats going through the locks. A ten-minute walk along the towpath brings you to the High Street or the train station, with its frequent service to London. A very walkable town with all the conveniences.



As part of my contract with the Arbor Gallery, I am asked to make a 5" x 7" piece, which will serve as a gift to one of the Gallery's many donors and volunteers.

I will participate in the Arbor Gallery's pre-Christmas show, "Gifted". The gallery is located in Vankleek Hill, and the show runs October 31 - December 15.

I like this image, and may well return to it, using a different palette or a different value scheme.

1 comment: