Sunday, June 5, 2016

Berkhamsted #4

Based on a photo I took visiting my cousin's home in England, this 12" x 12" was made as my contribution to the 2016 SAQA benefit auction.

Berkhamsted #4, 12 x 12
hand-dyed cotton, fused appliqué, machine-stitched

It almost didn't get made, and it will no doubt arrive late. I was running out of time as the deadline approached, but then I realized that I could use this as a work in progress for my recent workshop at the Courtepointe Quebec conference, to demonstrate my Cityscapes technique.

I was pleased to be able to share my expertise with a small group of enthusiastic learners at the conference, and I hope that they will send me some photos of their finished projects.

More information about the SAQA auction will be posted in the months to come.

No comments: