Wednesday, September 26, 2012

SAQA

I've just been honoured with Professional Artist Member status, and so my work will now be seen on the SAQA website, and included in the annual portfolio publication. I am delighted!

I've been a member of SAQA for about 6 years. They're an international organization with over 3000 members, not only artists but collectors and curators as well. SAQA offers a wide range of benefits, including regional meetings, annual conferences, mentoring, exhibition opportunities, a quarterly journal, and a wiki-style resource of technical and professional information.

The SAQA conference in Santa Fe this April will be my first. I am thrilled to have been accepted as one of five participants in a "voice coaching" session with Leni Weiner, whose work I admire very much. Santa Fe is one of America's top centres for visual arts, with nearly 300 galleries, ten museums, and art fairs almost every weekend.

Right now, we are staging the third and final week of our on-line benefit auction. If you'd like to see the kind of work produced by SAQA members, please have a look at some of the 12" x 12" squares donated to the auction. It is expected that bids will total close to $60,000.




No comments: