Saturday, May 25, 2013

Technical difficulties

Bedouins, John Singer Sargent






I'm having a fine old time in NYC, and I've seen lots of exciting art. Began at the Brooklyn Museum, with the excellent exhibit of John Singer Sargent's watercolours. It's enough to make me want to take up watercolour painting.




Ozone Layer, El-Anatsui








Whig Rose Quilt, maker unknown, 1850
















While there, also saw the 30-piece show of El-Anatsui's sculpture, and the impressive display of historical quilts.

Visited the Metropolitan Museum of Fine Art and saw the Impressionism and Fashion exhibit. The highlight for me so far has been the Whitney show of Hopper's drawings.

Where permitted, I've been taking photos with my Nikon, with the intention of transferring them to my new iPad, bought especially for travel. Even bought a little 4" cable (30 bucks) to connect the camera to the iPad. When I do this, I get a message saying the camera device uses too much energy to be connected to the iPad. So frustrating. May have to use the iPhone for blog pix. Once I return home I'll post photos from the Nikon.

Steep learning curve. Have downloaded an app that resizes photos for blogging, so that is something.



No comments: