Sunday, September 14, 2014

Art by the Lake





The beautiful, shade-dappled grounds of Stewart Hall in Pointe-Claire were the setting for the annual fall show of the Lakeshore Artists group, September 6 and 7.










I was honoured to be a Guest Artist, and my friend Helena Scheffer was the show convenor, rassling more than 50 artists and their work. Unofficially, we both flew the brightly-coloured flag of fibre amidst a group of painters, sculptors and potters.

The less said about Saturday's weather, the better, but Sunday was glorious and the crowds came out in force.






Here's Helena in a rare moment of quiet. Her display was swarmed with visitors and she made several nice sales.










And here I am with my Cityscapes. Though sales were minimal, I think that my presence at the show generated some interest that will pay off in the future. Many business cards were taken as well as handouts for upcoming shows, and I had no shortage of engaging conversations and compliments throughout the day.


1 comment:

Maggi said...

A beautiful setting. I hope that the weekend brings forth its rewards for you.