Wednesday, November 4, 2015

400 posts!

Please celebrate with me this 400th post to my blog, which I started in March 2012. Since the beginning, I have tried to post regularly, twice a week, mostly covering art exhibitions at home and away, and my own work in cloth and other media.

Views to this blog are closing in on the 100,000 mark, and it's satisfying to think that both friends and strangers find something of worth here.

What is the value for me? I hesitated to get into this "blogging thing", because I thought it would take time away from my own production. Instead, I have found that by being disciplined about posting, I have sustained my engagement with art, not only my own but also with the work of others. My blogging has become a form of journal-keeping for me.

And please remember, comments are always welcome!

4 comments:

Dianne Robinson said...

Congratulations Heather! I know how hard it is to be consistent in posting. Your write-ups are always interesting and it's fun to go places with you on the blog that I might not do otherwise, particularly on your travels.

Heather Dubreuil said...

As always, your support means a lot to me, Dianne. How many of these art destinations have we seen together? (Not to forget those wonderful boathouses!)

mona said...

400? That's a book! Congratulations!

Heather Dubreuil said...

And 472 for the AHA blog -- though those are more often just a posting of something sent along to me. Might be time to get a life!