Sunday, April 10, 2016

Spotlight Auction at SAQA conference

The annual SAQA conference, held this year in Philadelphia, was filled with fun and inspiration. One of the highlights of the three days was the Spotlight silent auction and dinner. About 120 small art quilts were up for bidding, raising $11,000 for SAQA.

Maggie Vanderweit thought I was very clever to have put a "spotlight" effect in my donation piece. I was chagrined to tell her I had never actually noticed.

Window Shopping, St.-Paul-de-Vence, 8x6
Bidding for my contribution was very active, and I was thrilled when it was sold to Mirjam Aigner of Australia, who grew up in St. Paul-de-Vence, France. Thank you, Mirjam, for your generous contribution to SAQA. Wonderful to know that it will be treasured in its new home.

Mirjam and me

No comments: